Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tatum is Home!

Sorry I don't have any pictures on this one. I just wanted to let everyone know that Tatum is home!

To be specific, he's apparently been home the whole time. He was in our basement, although we can't figure out where. We turned that place upside down any number of times looking for him. It's empty, so as large as it is, there weren't many places to hide. We even checked the sump pump and all the empty boxes from moving, just to make sure he hadn't gotten stuck somewhere. And I scanned the entire perimeter looking for a hole in the insulation where he might have crawled in, but I never saw anything. Normally Tatum calls when he gets stuck somewhere, but we haven't heard a peep until this morning.

I thought I heard him around 2:00AM, but I thought it was coming from outside. Dustin got up to look, but the noise stopped and we didn't see anything. Then the coyotes started howling, so I assumed that was the noise I had heard. But around 6:00 I distinctly heard Tatum, so we raced all over, and when we went downstairs there he was on the other side of the door with a look like, "What took you all so long?" and then he came trotting upstairs to snarf some food and demand a toy mouse. He seems to be less traumatized than we were.

In any case, it's been a great day for us so far. Sabine had a good night, she's eating regularly and has started having some awake moments where she is neither screaming nor eating, which is fun to see. (Not to mention a relief!)

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment