Thursday, July 1, 2010

Quick Hello

We had a great vacation, but we are also very happy to be home with our family and friends here, and getting back to our regular routine. Sabine and I are both a little sick now, too, so I'm glad we made it home when we did. We're busy catching up and trying to get better, so that's why posting has been light, but here's one of my favorite pictures from the whole trip:

SandP

This is Sabine with her new BFF (or, at least, the daughter of my BFF), whom she got to spend an entire week with. They held hands like this the whole way home from the restaurant that night. There was much giddy squealing and unintentional poking all week, and I think Sabine is very sad that Miss P isn't there to greet her every morning. I took this on my camera phone, which is why I can post it. I haven't been able to download the hundreds (literally, hundreds) of pictures off of my camera yet.

But Sabine has made some huge steps (quite literally, actually), she's babbling a lot more with a lot more consonants, she's starting to wave bye-bye (usually after the person has left), she bounces and flaps her arms to songs, she has learned to pivot while seated, she's drinking through a straw and gumming on large pieces of banana and avacado, she went swimming for the first time, and is taking a few hesitant steps/lunges towards mom and dad from a standing position. She's also forgotten how to sleep, which is kind of a pain, but at some point she has to remember, right?

...

right????

No comments:

Post a Comment