Friday, October 18, 2013

Outtakes

We recently had a little family photo shoot, and while the weather cooperated and the photographer was good, we were not able to control the variable that is our Sabine. It happens to even the best of us, and one of the things we love about our girl is how she has her own mind, her own opinion about things...even if it doesn't always agree with ours.

For posterity in years to come, and to show our darling girl that her parents are not without humor at such an unexpected turn of events, I present to you a whole bunch of pictures that will not make it onto our Christmas card, but that we paid for, so don't think I won't share them for all time.

This is somewhat how I imagine it going in Sabine's head, as we read a fair amount of Dr. Seuss these days:

* * * * * *

I will not smile

IMG_8937

Oh no, I will not.

IMG_8599X

 I will not smile

IMG_8640

No matter how much time you've got.

IMG_8874

I will not smile here

IMG_8636

Or there

IMG_8757

I will not smile anywhere

IMG_8594

I will not smile in a hug

IMG_8625x

I will not smile in a snug(gle)

IMG_8687x

I will not smile in a tree

IMG_8699

I will not smile with my family

IMG_8664

* * * * *

Anyway, that's maybe not how it really played out in her head, but we eventually did get a few good ones, look for those on your Christmas card!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's perfect! I think the outtakes hold more precious memories than that one perfect shot. We love Dr Seuss too x

    ReplyDelete